Objectives & Functions
The major functions and activities of Welfare of SCs/BCs, Social Justice & Empowerment and Antyodaya:
Welfare of SCs/BCs
- Eradication of untouchability including administration of the Protection of Civil Rights Act, 1955.
- Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Rules, 1955.
- Establishment matters relating to officers and staff under the administrative control of the Department except matters allotted to the General Administration Department.
- All matters relating to Haryana Scheduled Caste Finance & Development Corporation and as well as Haryana Backward Classes and Economically Weaker Sections Kalyan Nigam.
- Matters connected with the welfare of Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes and De-notified Tribes including –
- Consideration and implementation of the report of the Commission for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, Government of India.
- Revision of lists of Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes.
- State Advisory Committee on Welfare and Adhoc Committees on Welfare.
- Redressal of grievances of all members of Scheduled Caste/Tribes, and Backward Classes in service.
- Policy regarding reservations for the members of Scheduled Castes/Tribes, Backward Classes and De-notified Tribes for admission to various institutions.
- Schemes designed for the welfare of Scheduled Castes/Backward Classes and De-notified Tribes including –
- Establishment of Community Centers
- Grant of subsidy for the various schemes for the Welfare of Scheduled Castes, Backward Classes and De-notified Tribes;
- Pre-examination Training Centers
- Provision for legal aid;
- Provision of interest-free loan to the Scheduled Castes Students
Social Justice & Empowerment
The directorate of Social Justice and Empowerment aims at the social and economic development of destitute women and children, persons with disabilities and the elderly in the state.
- Development and expansion of curative, remedial, vocational and rehabilitative services for the handicapped, destitute and other socially oppressed groups.
- To establish and develop welfare activities for destitute women, orphans and homeless old persons. (Establishment of old age home).
- To encourage developmental efforts on the basis of self-help through community development projects.
- Rehabilitation of drug addicts.
- To provide special education, rehabilitation services and skill training to blind, dumb, deaf and physically handicapped and mentally retarded children.
- Registration, professional guidance and financial support to voluntary social welfare agencies to strengthen, improve and promote their activities, coordination between NGOs/donors and concerned government departments.